Did you know?
- The city was incorporated on December 24, 1884 as Harmony Grove.
- As of the 2012 Census Commerce's population was 6,544.
- The Commerce Police Department receives an average of 1,750 calls per month.
- The city library provides service to 180 patrons per day on average.
- The railway through the center of town was started in 1872.
- Traffic volume through the downtown area is now 15,000 vehicles per day!
- Estimated median household income is $37,040.
- Commerce's unemployment rate is at 8.5%.
- Harmony Grove Mills was one of the first industries in the City and was chartered in 1893. At the time, 500 people were employed at the mill.
- City Hall was constructed in 1936 and served as the United States Post Office.
Copyright © 2013 City of Commerce PO Box 348 - 27 Sycamore Street, Commerce, Georgia 30529
P (706) 335-3164 |